photos: Milk Paint by Fusion
How to mix milk paint (scroll down to see video)
- Mix 1 part water to 1 part milk paint powder.
- Paint may be mixed in a blender, or using a milk frother, or in a container with a whisk or brush.
- Add water in first and then add the powder incrementally. You may also do the reverse and simply add water onto the powder.
- Mix for 1-3 minutes until water is absorbed into the powder and the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Water to powder ratio may be adjusted to achieve desired consistency.
- Test your consistency on a spare piece of wood. Your mixture should provide good one coat coverage.
- If your mixture is too thin it will be more transparent and stain like. Add more powder to thicken and stir again.
- Excess can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Stir frequently while using as the pigments will settle to the bottom of the container.
- Typically 1-2 coats is requried.
- Allow 30 minutes between coats.
Avoid inhalation, as well as contact with eyes and skin. Wear rubber gloves and certified mask for dust.
Keep out of reach of children..
In case of contact with eyes, flush with cool water, remove contact lenses, if applicable, and continue flushing. Obtain medical attention if irritation persists.
In case of contact with skin, flush with cool water and wash with soap and water. Obtain medical attention if irritation persists.
In case of ingestion, do not induce vomiting. Obtain medical attention. Never give anything by mouth if victim is unconscious or is convulsing.
*Disclaimer: Color swatches shown in photos may vary by monitor and may not match actual color.
► BACK TO MILK PAINT BY FUSION PAGE