Master Class - Introduction to wood graining and imitation marble
with Michel Nadaï
Introduction to Marbling and Graining
Instructor: Michel Nadaï
Duration: 5 days
Group fee - 980 euros per person (minimum 3 persons /40 hours, 8 hours per day)
Individual fee: 1350 euros (for a private class of 35 hours, 7 hours per day)
♦ paints, medium and supports to paint on included in both group fee and individual fee
♦ not included: brushes and sundry items, travel, accommodation and meals
Join us for this 5-day introductory workshop on graining and marbling!
Immerse yourself totally in the European techniques as you learn how to paint realistic woods and marble from a master in this field. Michel will not only do step by step demos on each subject, he will also give you ample advice on how to improve your techniques. For the purpose of training, Michel uses oil paints and oil glazes in his classes but his techniques can be used with acrylic paints.
- This course is intended as an introduction to graining and marbling.
- Places are limited (maximum 5 students) to allow ample one on one training.
- It's also possible to request a private class with Michel (please see above for individual fee).
Please see Module I of our autumn/winter program for longer and indepth courses.
What you will learn on this course:
- How to prepare your glaze
- How to do the groundwork
- How to do the overglaze and crystallization
- Study of the color for each marble
- Study of the tools and brushes used for each marble
- How to protect your work
This work will be done on kraft paper provided by the school.
Places are limited (maximum 5 students) to allow ample one on one training.
It's also possible to request a private class with Michel (please see above for individual fee).
- oak straight grain
- oak heart grain
- white veined marble
- sea green
Training method and certification of the course:
- Theoretical explanations and demonstrations on a daily basis.
- Immediate hands on practice through daily exercises.
- Each student will create individual samples of the graining and marbling subjects covered in class.
- Instructor folows through each student's progress on a daily basis.
- Students receive the school's Certificate upon completion of the course.
*Outline of the program is for informative purpose; the program may therefore receive modifications if necessary.
⇒ Go back to Master Class