This Milk Paint Bonding Agent allows Milk Paint to adhere to metal, glass and painted, varnished or lacquered surfaces. This bonding agent is a water-based concentrated acrylic emulsion. When added to Milk Paint, the bonding agent allows milk paint to be used on non-porous surfaces. Milk paint can now be used for many different surfaces such as painted walls, latex paint, oil paint, varnish, glass, metal etc. Contains no VOCs.
How to use
- Shake well before using.
- For optimum adhesion, clean the surface to be painted with T.S.P. and sand lightly to roughen the surface.
- Always test adhesion before applying to a large area.
To use with Milk Paint:
- Mix one part of bonding agent to two parts of milk paint already mixed.
- For an even stronger grip, mix in equal parts.
- Although you don't need to add bonding agent to your second coat of milk paint, you can add use it with all coats of paint for optimum adhesion.
- Wait 2 hours between subsequent coats.
To use as a primer for water-based paints:
- Apply a thin layer of bonding agent with a paint brush or roller.
- Let dry for 2 hours before applying paint.
Clean brushes and tools with warm, soapy water.
This product contains no solvents of VOC and is almost odorless.
Protect Bonding Agent from freezing.