This is a natural food safe oil finish containing no solvents. It is very easy to use and apply, making finishing your projects a breeze! It provides a protective, water-resistant surface. You can use it on bare wood to bring out the natural colours and patina for a beautiful authentic finish, or Milk-painted or painted surfaces for protection. Can also be used on New wood or stained wood. It penetrates to protect from the inside out. It does not leave a surface film that will chip or scratch. Test on an inconspicuous spot prior to using on an entire piece.
How to use hemp oil
- Surface must be clean and dry.
- Apply small amount of oil to surface using a clean cloth.
- Rub gently until it is absorbed into raw wood or Milk Paint finish.
- For additional sheen and protection, add 2-4 coats.
- With no solvents, drying time is extended, so allow 2 hours between coats and wipe away excess after 12 hours.
- Finished piece may take several days to cure.
- To maintain, apply a light coat every other year as needed.
- To remove scratches, lightly sand blemish, then reapply oil.
This oil is a great environmentally friendly product as the hemp seeds are grown without the use of herbicides or pesticides.