MODULE 3 - The Art of Panoramics and Painted Murals
This program will focus on the fundamental techniques that will help you in painting a mural; you will start with an in-depth study on how to render a perspective drawing and elevation, which is an essential and very useful 'tool' for all decorative painting artists and muralists. As Michel walks you through the steps of painting a mural, you will not only gain confidence in your painting,you will also learn how to manage your time better and thus work faster.
After you study the composition, the various formats and colors, Michel will walk you through step by step in rendering a mural. You will study the techniques of painting skies, clouds, landscape, trees, foliage as well as the techniques of painting drapery and a figure/portrait. You will be working on a mural that the instructor designed especially for this class. On week 4, Michel will walk you through the process of painting a realistic seascape.
As Michel walks you through step by step, the objective of the course is to complete the mural and the seascape, which you will be taking back home with you.
November 26th, 2018 to December 21st, 2018 (4 weeks / a total of 140 hours of training).
Location : Atelier Nadaï, 8 rue François Arago, 47000 Agen, France
For more information on accommodation in Agen and how to get to the new studio please click on this link. You can also contact us for more details.
Who can apply :
This course is open to all persons desiring to receive a complete and in-depth training and techniques in Painted Murals. If you are totally new to painting, we would recommend that you start with week 1 of Module II, which will help you discover the techniques of painting trompe-l'oeil. This course will benefit persons who have some prior notions in drawing and painting.
Michel Nadaï, recipient of the Meilleur Ouvrier de France award (Best Craftsman of France award).
Training method and certification of the course - what to expect of the course:
- Theoretical explanations and demonstrations on a daily basis.
- Immediate hands on practice through daily exercises.
- Students create individual panels on canvas (design provided by instructor).
- Instructor folows through each student's progress on a daily basis.
- Students receive a Certificate upon completion of the course. Certificate will mention that he or she studied with a recipient of the Meilleur Ouvrier de France award (Best Craftsman of France award).
To request course brochure please fill in the form on our CONTACT page
Highlights of the program - what you will learn:*
• Method of composition
• Architectural elements
• Method of enlarging to life-size
• Study of perspective applied to painted murals
• Rendering of panoramic using the techniques of :
- perspective drawing
- skies and clouds
- trees and foliage...
- painting a figure in a mural
• Rendering of a seascape with techniques of:
- rendering of the horizon and surrounding elements such as cliffs
- realistic rendering of the water,
- painting the waves, the sea foam, the sand, the reflections, the movements of light and shadow on the water, the sky...
Week 1 - from November 26th to November 30th, 2018 (5 days)
Study of perspective drawing applied to painted murals. How to render a maquette.
Weeks 2 and 3 - from December 3rd to December 14th, 2018 (10 days)
Rendering of a painted mural using the techniques of perspective, techniques of the sky, drapery, landscape, trees, foliage, portrait and anatomy.
Week 4 - from December 17th to December 21st, 2018 (5 days)
Rendering of a seascape, with study of how to paint the sky, the waves, the water, the foams of the sea, etc.
*highlight of the program is for informative purpose; the program may therefore receive modifications if necessary
*Possibility of taking the module in its entirety, or taking the week(s) of your choice. Please contact school for more information and to learn about registration procedures.